Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dear Customer (Part une)

Dear Customer,

When you walk into the store and I greet you with a friendly "Hello", please acknowledge my "hello". It's the nice and proper thing to do. You don't have to respond with the same greeting, there are a variety of things you could say. Like....."Hey", or "Oh, hi", or "Bonjour", or "Yo yo", or even just simply hit me up with a smile.

Sometimes when you don't respond, I think...maybe they didn't hear me, I'll give it another try. But when you don't respond to my second and louDER "Hello", I think....damn, you're just plain rude.

I realize that some of you are weird and afraid of social interactions, but most of you that don't respond just choose not to.

Maybe the next time one of you asks to use the bathroom because you're about to pee in your pants, I'll just pretend not to hear you....like you pretend not to hear me.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. worked at a clothing store one summer in college. had to stand for 5 hours at a time, "greeting" people. still weep for employees who have to do that.

    ReplyDelete