Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Double-Parked

Often we get customers who double-park and run into the store for something. Just because they've made the bad decision to leave their car in the middle of the road with their hazards on, they expect you to drop everything and tend to them.

This causes a problem when you're already helping a customer. *hehehe* As a result they hover, breathe heavy, let out big sighs, wave their hands/arms and usually break down and just blatantly interrupt.

Regardless if you can answer their question or direct them to what they're looking for, they still have to wait until you're done with the customer. *hehehe*

When it's their "turn" to be helped and pay for their purchase, you can usually find them frantically looking out the window scouting for meter maids. I'll be standing there waiting for them to walk back over and give me their money.....once again, on THEIR time.

What bothers me most about this type of situation is that people expect things to happen on their time and their time ONLY. They expect me to abandon the customer I'm in the middle of helping and tend to them because they might get a ticket.

When I'm handing someone their money and have to wait for them to stop messing with their Blackberry, I don't throw a hissy-fit. I don't let out any big sighs or start waving my hands and arms. *There might be times when I'd like to, but I refrain from doing so.*

You have chosen to double-park your car. I realize that you don't want a ticket, but you need to CHILL OUT and wait your turn. Maybe next time instead of making the foolish decision to abandon your car in the middle of the road, you can actually *crazy idea* park it in a parking spot. I know it's a hard concept to fathom, but lots of people do it every single day.

1 comment: