Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lower. Your. Voice.

Today my co-worker and I were standing around the counter chatting and some guy's cell phone starting to ring. By ring, I mean blasting some awful ringtone at fuLL VOLUME! Why is it that whenever someone's ridiculously loud cell phone starts to ring there's no sense of urgency to either silence the phone or answer it quickly??

He s-l-o-w-l-y took it out of his pocket....took a nice, long look at the screen to figure out who was calling and finally answered it.

Well, I thought his awful ringtone was loUD. Nope. Not at
all in comparison to the volume at which this man was speaking, or shall I say *screeeeeaming*.

::*Forget megaphones! Just hire this dude to yell out what you need heard*::

I was in the middle of a sentence and I literally
could not hear myself speak. I attempted to repeat my sentence, but was cut off by the loudness of his voice....like someone had put duct tape over my mouth or pinched my vocal chords.

He was standing only a few feet away and was
completely unaware of how loud he was and clearly unaware of how rude he was being.

I looked at my co-worker with wide-eyes (in disbelief that this was actually happening) and started h-y-s-t-e-r-i-c-a-l-l-y laughing at how ridiculous he was. My back was turned, but even if it wasn't it wouldn't have mattered! This guy was SO unaware of anything going on around him....PLUS, he wouldn't have been able to
heeeear me giggling because he was talking SO DAMN LOUD!

Lower. Your. Voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment