Thursday, August 27, 2009

Warning: Knives are SHARP (Part 4)

When you're handing a knife back to me, for god's sake don't give it to me like I'm supposed to grab it by the tip of the blade. Turn it around, carefully hold the blade *sharp side away from fingers* and let me grab it by the handle. Since most of you are so careless, it's not really a good idea to point the blade at me only a few inches away from my body. Most of the time you're not paying attention and I really don't feel like being punctured, sliced or shanked.

This particular situation happens
every single day. A few years ago I was showing a woman a bunch of paring knives and when she went to hand them back to me, not only was she looking the other way talking to someone, but she was trying to hand me the 3 knives in a cluster---blades facing me. This is when I wish that instead of having to say something, I could just squirt customers with a water gun.....like you do to cats when they're doing something they're not supposed to do.

So I say to her, "Ma'am, you can place the knives down and I'll take them one-by-one." Of course, she doesn't hear me because she's still not paying attention and instead has moved her arm even closer to me.....tips of the blades inches away. I'm like, *loUDER* "Ma'am, I can't take the knives from you like that. You need to place them down on the counter."

She stops yapping to her friend, realizes what she had been doing, acts "shocked" and starts giggling at her carelessness. I don't find it funny. I don't find it amusing. Snap out of it, lady......knives are
SHAAAAAAARP!

No comments:

Post a Comment