Monday, August 3, 2009

Manicures

Lots of women come into the store to shop for kitchen stuff right after they've gotten their nails "did". Even if you can't see the lovely manicure they've just gotten, you can tell their nails were just "did" because of the way they handle the merchandise: pinkie up, trying to avoid fingertip contact, palming everything like they're Michael Jordan palming a basketball.

Naturally, when they're ready to pay for their items they need me to help pull out the money/credit card out of their wallet because they don't want to ruin their nails. You're going to think I'm being sarcastic about what I'm about to say, but I'm not.....really. I don't mind pulling the money out. (I pinky-swear I'm being serious) They are actually usually really nice about it and we have this really corny "girlie" moment where w
e giggle and give each other the 'we've all been there' look.

I'm sure a manicured woman in the future with change my mind about this assessment, but for now......eh, I'll pull out the money. I sure as hell don't have a manicure to ruin...

No comments:

Post a Comment