Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Warning: Knives are SHARP (Part 3)

::Prefacing this post with *DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME*, doesn't make you cool::

We get some dudes who come in to look at knives who are "experts". How do I know they're "experts"? Oh, because they test how sharp the knives are by shaving the hair off their arms/knuckles, scraping away at their skin and chipping away at their fingernails.

You know what, some might say that's the way to do it.......fine (not really). But when these dudes leave their hair, skin and fingernail shavings on the knife and hand it back to you---that's when we have a problem, Captain. *gag*


Do you not seeeeeee the black hairs you've left on the edge of the blade?! Are you unawaaaaare that there are thin pieces of your skin dangling from the edge?! Do you not seeeeeee the shavings of your grungy fingernails that are sitting on the edge of the knife?!

I
can see the hairs. I can see the skin. I can see the fingernail shavings. I now know that you are definitely the dude who leaves pee on the toilet seat and doesn't flush. That's basically what you're doing right now. You are handing me your pee-puddled toilet seat.

You may as well pull up a chair and start pedi-egging your feet in front of me. *gag*

My point, Captain, is that you don't have to shave off pieces of your body in order to find out if the knives are sharp...doesn't make you an "expert", doesn't make you cool. However, if you insist on doing this.....clean off the damn knife before handing it back to me. And please, please, pleeeaaaase don't cut yourself in the process!


2 comments:

  1. "Whenever I'm on my computer, I don't type "lol". I type "lqtm": "laugh quietly to myself". It's more honest."

    - Demetri Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. GROOOSSSS!!! That's a health hazard. Can you post some signage to prevent this practice, or perhaps place some Clorox wipes right in front of these guys and, when they're done, say, "Here's something for you to wipe off your potentially-diseased skin and blood from the knife with."

    ReplyDelete