Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Not Taking the Receipt

The following are the different scenarios that happen when customers don't want their receipt (in no specific order).....

1. Refusing to take it---> I'll be handing them their receipt and they literally refuse it. They don't put out their hand to take it, they usually put out their hand like they're going to smack mine if I don't move it soon.

2. Leaving it on the counter---> The customer takes the receipt when I give it to them, the transaction/interaction is over, they leave......I glance over at the counter and there's the receipt. Just sitting there waiting to be thrown away. Cuz, you know...it's waaaay too much effort for them to
ask me to throw it away.

3. The head-shake---> Rather than just saying, "I don't need the receipt", they give me the silent head-shake. Like when you ask a little kid if they want some more broccoli and they give you that 10 second *nooooooooooooo* shaking-of-the-head.

4. "I'm gonna
let you keep that"---> Is what they say to me. Oh, thanks!! You're gonna let me (!) KEEP your receipt??!! What did I do to deserve THIS?? I can't believe you're letting me....Soweeeeeet! I'm gonna stash it in my special "receipt box" I keep behind the counter and take home with me at the end of the day. Yes! One more for the collection!!

5. "I'm gonna
let you throw that away"---> Oh my gosh, I'm allowed (!) to throw away your receipt?? Wow, thank you.....what an honor! I don't know what to say.....

Actually, I
DO know what to say. How about you just TAKE the damn receipt, you annoying human being...OR, ask me *nicely* to throw it away for you. None of this "letting me" crap or staying mute while silently refusing this piece of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment